Would you like to improve your health and wellbeing at home? Apart from exercise and healthy eating, aromatherapy or essential oil therapy can be employed to enhance both physical, mental and emotional health. Two ways that essential oils can be used at home are to aid digestion after meals and to promote relaxation for a better night's sleep.
Essential oils to aid digestive healthThere are a number of essential oils that support digestive health and this is great news for us as our digestive health plays an important part in how we feel, think and perform. An effective and easy way to use essential oils is with an essential oil diffuser. This could be used successfully whilst having meals, especially after dinner.
Below are some essential oils that are known to aid digestion, take a look at some of their other properties.
• Coriander – Features a sweet and calming herbaceous aroma
• Cinnamon Bark - Enhances mental clarity and has a sweet and spicy scent
• Clove - Supports the immune system and has a woody spicy aroma
• Oregano - Boosts immune health and can be helpful for a number of skin complaints
• Patchouli - Features a distinctive aroma and supports immune health
• Spearmint - Invigorating with a minty, awakening aroma
• Grapefruit - An uplifting citrus scent which curbs the appetite
Essential oils to promote sleep
Some of the best essential oils to promote better sleep are cedarwood, sandalwood, lavender, sweet marjoram and bergamot. These aromatherapy oils have calming scents that reduce anxiety and make it easier to fall asleep. As with all essential oils, it is also important to have the best essential oil diffuser for your needs.
What are the best essential oil diffusers?
Which diffuser would be considered the best bedroom diffuser? A nebulizing diffuser is a great way of dispersing essential oils throughout a room as it has adjustable controls for airflow, as well as a timer. These types of diffusers turn liquids into a fine mist and also sometimes come with adjustable coloured lights to further aid relaxation. They are ideal for dispersing essentials oils over a small area or space, making them perfect for the bedroom.Contact us today for more diffuser tips. We are an Australian-owned online diffuser shop and we stock the best diffusers for your home and car.